ADRIAN, Mich. - Four of Adrian's five starters, led by senior DaVonte Harris with 21 points, scored double digits in Adrian College men's basketball 75-71 home-opening win over Anderson (Ind).
Final Score: Adrian 75, Anderson 71
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (1-0), Anderson (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Anderson 34, Adrian 32
• Harris made a jump shot sparked an 8-0 run to put the Bulldogs up 10-3. Anderson would respond with its own run, 7-0, to put the score back even at 10-10.
• The Ravens took the lead, 19-14 with a six-point run sparking a 10-0 run by Adrian that would see the Bulldogs retake the lead 24-21 with 7:09 left to play in the first half.
• Adrian held onto the lead for almost minutes before Cole Hartman made two free throws to put Anderson ahead, 27-26 with 2:40 left.
• The teams would head to the locker rooms with the Ravens holding onto a slim lead, 34-32.
Second Half: Adrian 75, Anderson 71
• The Bulldogs would tie the game at 38-38 with 15:49 remaining in the game before taking the lead on a 12-4 run, building the largest lead of the game, 50-42.
• Anderson would rally and keep the game close, however, Adrian would never trail again for the remainder of the game.
• Harris led offensively, scoring 21 points on 6-18 shooting from the floor. He was perfect from the charity stripe, going 8-8. He also contributed three rebounds and two steals.
• Daton Aaron added 15 points (5-9) and went 4-4 from the free throw line. He hauled in three rebounds and a steal in the winning effort.
• Justin Webster tallied 14 points on 5-8 shooting. He also added eight rebounds.
• Anthony Cannon was the final Bulldog to score double-digit points (12) on 5-6 shooting from the floor. He also reeled in seven rebounds, five defensive and two offensive.
• Travon Johnson scored eight points, pulled in three defensive rebounds and shot 4-5 from the free throw line.
• Hartman led the Ravens with 19 points. He shot 6-10 from the floor and 7-9 from the charity stripe and recorded five rebounds.
• Trevor Lucas had 18 points and a team-high seven rebounds.
• Nathaniel Acree finished with 10 points, two steals, and two assists.
• Adrian hosts Manchester University tomorrow (Nov. 19) at the MSFC. Opening tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.