ADRIAN, Mich. - The Bulldog men's basketball team start the season 2-0 with a convincing win over Manchester, 78-56. DaVonte Harris led the charge shooting 6-9 from the three-point line on his way to a 24-point night. The Bulldogs are on a three-game winning streak overall dating back to the end of last season and a four-game home win streak.
Final Score: Adrian 78, Manchester 56
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (2-0), Manchester (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENS
First Half: Adrian 44, Manchester 29
• The first 10 minutes of the first half started close, with five lead changes and four ties. The final tie came at the 13:13 mark when Isiah Crofford made a layup to tie the game at 14-14.
• Manchester would break the tie off a layup by Enis Becirevic, 16-14. Harris would hit three straight three-point shots to give the Bulldogs the 23-16 lead and the Bulldogs would never look back.
• The teams would hit the locker rooms for halftime with Adrian leading 44-29.
Second Half: Adrian 78, Manchester 56
• The Bulldogs would build the lead all throughout the second half. The largest lead for the Bulldogs was 26 points and happened with 2:44 left to play in the game.
• Adrian scored 23-second chance points as the Bulldogs outrebounded the Spartans 55-28, 20-7 offensive rebounds.
• Harris shot 8-18 from the field, 6-9 from three and 2-2 from the free throw line for 24 points. He also tallied four rebounds and two assists.
• Justin Webster was 4-7 from the floor and 5-6 from the charity stripe for 13 points. He reeled in six rebounds and recorded two assists.
• Travon Johnson scored 10 points on 4-9 shooting from the floor and 2-2 at the foul line. He also hauled in seven rebounds.
• Tyler Alexander was the only Manchester player to record double-digit points with 10. He shot 5-10 from the floor and tallied six assists and six rebounds.
• Adrian Johnson had nine points for the Spartans. Chase Casteel recorded eight points and went 2-3 from three.
• The Bulldogs travels across town on Tuesday, November 22 to face Siena Heights. The opening tip is scheduled for 8:00 p.m.