AKRON, Ohio – DaVonte Harris led the Bulldogs, tying the game-high for points with 17 in a 95-41 loss to NCAA Division I opponent Akron on Wednesday Night.
Final Score: Akron 95, Adrian 41
Location: Akron, Ohio (James A. Rhodes Arena)
Records: Akron (6-1), Adrian (2-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Akron 44, Adrian 21
• The Zips got off to a hot start, hitting two threes on the way to a 10-0 run to start the game.
• Adrian would go on a 7-0 run to cut the Akron lead to four points, 13-9.
• Harris led the Bulldogs offense in the first half, shooting 3-8 from the floor and 2-5 from three for a total of eight points.
• Isiah Crofford went 3-6 from the floor to score six points, Justin Webster (1-2 FG, 1-2 FT) scored three points. Crofford (3 offensive) and Webster (2 offensive, 1 defensive) led Adrian with three rebounds.
Second Half: Akron 95, Adrian 41
• After each team scored a layup, the Zips scored 17 straight points, 63-23 Akron, forcing Adrian to call a timeout with 15:25 left to play.
• The Zips would extend the lead throughout the remainder of the second half.
• Harris led the Bulldogs with 17 points. He shot 5-23 from the floor, 3-9 from three and 4-4 from the charity stripe.
• Crofford also contributed eight points, shooting 4-9 from the floor while hauling in a team-high four rebounds (3 offensive, 1 defensive).
• Webster tallied five points and hauled in three rebounds.
• Noah Robotham (17 points) and Antino Jackson (15) led the Zips in scoring.
• Kwan Cheatham, Jr. led Akron with eight rebounds and five assists.
• Emmanuel Olojakpoke scored 11 points for the Zips.
• The Bulldogs will host Case Western Reserve on Saturday, December 3 with opening tip scheduled for 3:00 p.m.