ADRIAN, Mich. - DaVonte Harris scored a season-high 31 points to lead the Bulldogs to a 72-64 win over Case Western Reserve. The win snaps a three-game losing skid and Adrian remains undefeated at home this season, 3-0.
Final Score: Adrian 72, Case Western Reserve 64
Location: Adrian, Michigan (MSFC)
Records: Adrian (3-3), Case Western Reserve (1-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Case Western 34, Adrian 29
• The teams traded leads the first few minutes of the game until the Spartans went on an 8-0 run building a seven-point lead 12-5, their largest of the game, with 16:08 left in the first half.
• Adrian battled back to tie the game at 17 with 12:19 left to play before halftime on a layup by Harris. He was fouled on the shot and made the and-one to give the Bulldogs the lead, 18-17, for the first time since the beginning of the half.
• Case Western would end the half on a 14-6 run to take a 34-29 lead into the locker room for halftime.
• Adrian went 11-24 (45.8%) from the floor, 3-4 (75%) from three and 4-5 (80%) from the free throw line.
• The Spartans shot 13-27 (48.1%) from the floor, 4-8 (50%) from three and 4-7 (57.1%) from the charity stripe.
Second Half: Adrian 72, Case Western 64
• Adrian started the second half with a 13-0 run to take the lead, 42-36 in the first five minutes of the second half.
• The Spartans would tie the score at 44-44 with 11:35 remaining to play in the game.
• The Bulldogs would go on another run, 8-0 to put the score at 52-47 and Adrian would not trail for the remainder of the game.
• The Bulldogs finished the game shooting 25-45 (55.6%) from the floor, 7-11 (63.6%) from behind the arch and 15-21 (71.4%) from the free throw line. The 55.6% field goal percentage is a season-high for Adrian.
• The Spartans shot 22-54 (40.7%), 10-23 (43.5%) and 10-17 (58.8%).
• Harris scored a game-high 31 points, hauled in two rebounds, had two steals and dished three assists.
• Justin Webster recorded 14 points, seven rebounds, and two assists.
• Daton Aaron scored 10 points and one assist.
• Sam Hansen scored a team-high 17 points. T.J. Duckett had 10.
• Duckett had a game-high 12 rebounds and Colin Zucker had a game-high five assists.
• Adrian will travel to Tiffin, Ohio to face Heidelberg on Wednesday, December 14 with the opening tip-off scheduled for 7:30 p.m.