ADRIAN, Mich. - Anthony Cannon hit four free throws in the final 18 seconds of Tuesday night's 57-50 Adrian win over Defiance. The win makes the Bulldogs a perfect 4-0 at home, 4-4 overall.
Final Score: Adrian 57, Defiance 50
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian (4-4), Defiance (2-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 24, Defiance 16
• Adrian jumped out to a quick 3-2 in the first two minutes of the game.
• Neither team would score for another 3:10 when Justin Webster made a layup that propelled the Bulldogs to a 10-4 lead with 12:25 remaining in the first half.
• Both teams would trade baskets for the remainder of the half; Adrian would take a 24-16 lead into the locker room at the half, the largest lead of the game.
• The Bulldogs shot 10-25 (40%) from the floor while holding the Yellow Jackets to 5-21 (23.8%) shooting, 1-11 (9.1%) from three, in the half. Adrian never trailed.
Second Half: Adrian 57, Defiance 50
• Adrian made the first basket of the second half, a layup by Daton Aaron, to give the game its first double-digit lead, 26-16.
• Defiance rallied to cut the lead to single digits and eventually take the lead for the very first time in the game, 41-40, with 7:20 left to play in the game.
• DaVonte Harris made the second of two free throws to tie the game at 41. The teams would trade free throws to tie once more before the Bulldogs took the lead and never surrendered it for the remainder of the game.
• Harris had a game-high 30 points, one point shy of tying his career high. He shot 11-24 from the floor and 6-14 from deep.
• Webster scored 10 points and hauled in a season-high nine rebounds.
• Freshman Keyon Rainey pulled down six rebounds and dished two assists in his debut for the Bulldogs.
• Cannon added four rebounds on top of his six points.
• Michael Parker had a team-high 26 points. He also tallied five rebounds and three assists.
• Randall Aikins registered 10 points.
• Payton Ross led all Yellow Jackets with eight rebounds.
• The Bulldogs will look to get their first road win when they travel to face Mich.-Dearborn this Friday, December 23. Opening tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.