DEARBORN, Mich. - Michigan Dearborn rallied late to beat the Adrian College men's basketball team 64-62 on Friday afternoon. Justin Webster scored a 15 points and 10 rebounds for his first double-double of the season. The Bulldogs are now 4-5 on the season, 0-5 on the road.
Final Score: Mich.-Dearborn 64, Adrian 62
Location: Dearborn, Michigan
Records: Mich.Dearborn (11-6), Adrian (4-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 35, Mich.-Dearborn 23
• Adrian used a 20-5 run to pull out to a 20-12 lead with just 8:56 left to play in the first half.
• The Wolverines cut the lead to four points, 23-19, but the Bulldogs pulled away to obtain a double-digit lead going into the locker room.
FG: 13-28 (46.4%)
3PT: 5-12 (41.7%)
FT: 4-5 (80%)
FG: 10-26 (38.5%)
3PT: 1-10 (10%)
FT: 2-6 (33.3%)
Second Half: Mich.-Dearborn 64. Adrian 62
• Michigan Dearborn whittled away the Adrian lead in the first 10 minutes of the second half, tying the game, 43-43, at the 13:14 mark.
• The Wolverines would take the lead, 50-47, after Marcus Williams hit a three-point jumper with 8:26 left to play.
• Adrian would retake the lead, 54-52, with 6:20 remaining in the game. The Bulldogs would hold a slim lead until the final minute of the game.
• Williams would hit again from three to give Michigan Dearborn the final lead of the game, 61-60, with 50 seconds left to play.
FG: 22-57 (38.6%)
3PT: 6-20 (30%)
FT: 12-15 (80%)
FG: 23-49 (46.9%)
3PT: 6-19 (31.5%)
FT: 12-21 (57.1%)
• The Bulldogs won the rebound battle, 33-31. The Wolverines had nine turnovers, Adrian had seven.
• Webster had a team-high 12 rebounds for his first double-double of the season.
• Keyon Rainey also pulled in 10 rebounds and dished three assists.
• Jason Penn (19), Marcus Williams (18) and Xavier Crofford (13) led the Wolverines in scoring.
• Penn also had a game-high 15 rebounds.
• Williams tallied five assists.
• Adrian will travel to Berea, Ohio to participate in the Baldwin Wallace Holiday Invitational on Thursday, December 29 and 30. The Bulldogs will face host, Baldwin Wallace on the first day. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.