Berea, Ohio - DaVonte Harris scored a game-high 28 points in a 79-76 overtime victory in the Baldwin Wallace Holiday Invitational Championship game against Medaille (N.Y.) on Friday night. Harris named tournament MVP for his weekend performance. Justin Webster (19 points, 12 rebounds) was also named to the all-tournament team.
Final Score: Adrian 79, Medaille 76 - Final/OT
Location: Berea, Ohio (Ursprung Gymnasium)
Records: Adrian (6-5), Medaille (6-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 32, Medaille 31
• The Mavericks went on a 12-5 run to take a 17-10 lead with 11:34 left to play in the first half.
• Adrian would work the lead down slowly, tying the game at 25 with 4:27 remaining before halftime.
• The Bulldogs took the lead into the locker room at the conclusion of the half.
FG: 12-26 (46.2%)
3PT: 3-6 (50%)
FT: 5-10 (50%)
FG: 13-27 (48.1%)
3PT: 2-5 (40%)
FT: 3-6 (50%)
Second Half: Adrian 66, Medaille 66
• Both teams traded leads, neither team was able to build a lead larger than two possessions.
• The Bulldogs had a 65-60 lead with 1:28 left to play. Jonathan Belton and Michael Hollenbeck each made a layup to bring Medaille within a single point, 65-64 with 18 seconds remaining.
• Keyon Rainey made one of two free throw shots to put Adrian ahead 66-64 with nine seconds left to play.
• Sean Wilson would make a layup to tie the game and force overtime.
FG: 10-21 (47.6 %)
3PT: 4-8 (50%)
FT: 10-14 (71.4%)
FG: 11-31 (35.5%)
3PT: 5-9 (55.6%)
FT: 8-10 (80%)
Overtime: Adrian 79, Medaille 76
• The teams traded leads until the final minute of the overtime period when Harris made a jump shot to give the Bulldogs a 77-76 lead with 47 seconds left.
• Isiah Crofford sealed the victory for Adrian, making two free throws to but the Bulldogs up by three points, 79-76.
FG: 25-54 (46.3%)
3PT: 8-15 (53.3%)
FT: 21-30 (70%)
FG: 29-66 (43.9%)
3PT: 7-16 (43.8%)
FT: 11-17 (64.7%)
• Webster tallied a game-high 12 rebounds. Crofford had eight rebounds.
• Keyon Rainey tied for a game-high five assists and also pulled in four rebounds.
• Romari Ennis contributed five points off the bench for Adrian.
• Justice Fagan had a team-high 26 points, Johnathan Belton (17) and Meghale Ford (10) also scoed double digit points.
• Mike Hollenbeck had 10 rebounds and seven points.
• Belton dished five assists for the game.
• The Bulldogs start the new yearon the road to open up Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) at Olivet on January 4, 2017. Opening tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
DaVonte Harris (MVP)
Justice Fagan, Medaille (N.Y.)
Jake Fetherolf, Baldwin Wallace
Charlie Aimone, Rose-Hulman