ADRIAN, Mich. - DaVonte Harris scored the second-most points in a single game in school history, 43, but the Scots hold on for a 79-76 victory in the Merillat Sports and Fitness Center on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Alma 79, Adrian 76
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Alma (6-7, 2-0 MIAA), Adrian (6-7, 0-2 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 38, Alma 35
• Both teams traded leads throughout the opening half with the Scots have their largest lead of the game, 17-10, with 12:27 left in the first.
• DaVonte Harris scored 19 of his 43 points in the first half off 8-11 shooting.
• Preston Laketa led Alma with 13 points on 4-7 shooting.
FG: 16-33 (48.5%)
3PT: 1-5 (20.0%)
FT: 5-6 (83.3%)
FG: 12-25 (48.0%)
3PT: 5-15 (33.3%)
FT: 6-7 (85.7%)
Second Half: Alma 79, Adrian 76
• After a free throw and a layup by the Scots tied the game at 38, the Bulldogs went on a 10-0 run that lasted 2:44 and gave Adrian the first double-digit lead of the game with 16:08 remaining in regulation.
• Steven Harvey would hit a three-point jumper and Ryan Stevens would make a layup to cut the Bulldog lead to five points, 48-43, with just over 14 minutes left to play.
• Adrian would then go on an 8-0 run, giving the Bulldogs their largest lead of the game, 56-43, with 12:48 remaining in regulation.
• The Scots would respond with a 15-3 run of their own to bring the score to 59-58, Adrian, with eight minutes to play.
• Trevor Gernaat would hit from behind the arc to give Alma its first lead since the first half, 69-68 with a little over three minutes remaining and the Scots wouldn't surrender the lead for the remainder of the game.
FG: 25-60 (41.7%)
3PT: 6-12 (50%)
FT: 20-25 (80.0%)
FG: 25-47 (53.2%)
3PT: 9-22 (40.9%)
FT: 20-26 (76.9%)
• Harris scored a game-high 43 points (second most in program history for a single game) off 14-22 shooting.
• Justin Webster tallied 17 points, eight rebounds, and two steals.
• Keyon Rainey was one basket away from his first double-double as he scored eight points and hauled in 10 rebounds. He also had a game-high five steals.
• Ryan Stevens led the Scots with 17 points. He also had five rebounds and three assists.
• Steven Harvey had 15 points for Alma and tied for a team-high five rebounds.
• Trevor Gernaat and Preston Laketa each scored 13 points.
• The Bulldogs will stay home to host the Trine Thunder on Wednesday, January 11 at 7:30 p.m.
• The Thunder will enter the game with a 6-7 overall record and a 1-1 mark in the conference.