ADRIAN, Mich. - DaVonte Harris (17), Anthony Cannon (12), and Justin Webster (10) each scored double-digit points, but Trine was able to pull out the 68-54 win over the Bulldogs on Wednesday night in the Merillat Sports and Fitness Center.
Final Score: Trine 68, Adrian 54
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Trine (7-7, 2-1), Adrian (6-8, 0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Trine 29, Adrian 24
• The Bulldogs started the game on a 7-0 run in the first four minutes of the game. The 7-0 lead was the largest of the game for Adrian.
• Trine would hit a three and a layup to pull back within two points, 7-5, before eventually tying the game 10 all, the only tie in the game.
• Langston Johnson hit a three-point jumper to give the Thunder their first and final lead of the game, 13-10, with 12:56 left to play in the first half.
• Adrian kept the score close and only allowed the Thunder to take a five-point lead into the locker room at the half, 29-24.
FG: 11-29 (37.9%)
3PT: 1-8 (12.5%)
FT: 1-2 (50%)
FG: 12-28 (42.9%)
3PT: 3-8 (37.5%)
FT: 2-2 (100%)
Second Half: Trine 68, Adrian 54
• Trine would maintain control of the game throughout the second half. The thunder built up a double-digit lead. Trine had a 22-point advantage with 3:38 left to play, the largest lead of the game.
FG: 24-57 (42.1%)
3PT: 3-15 (20%)
FT: 3-7 (42.9%)
FG: 27-52 (51.9%)
3PT: 10-18 (55.6%)
FT: 4-9 (44.4%)
• Harris scored 17 points, hauled in two rebounds and had one assist.
• Cannon tallied 12 points, pulled in three rebounds and one steal.
• Webster scored 10 points, had a team-high five rebounds, dished two assists and had one takeaway.
• Keyon Rainey had a team-high fives assists. He also contributed with four points and two rebounds.
• Myles Copeland had a game-high 18 points and nine rebounds. Adison Daub and Will Dixon scored 15 and 14 points respectively.
• Adrian travels to Albion on Saturday, January 14 to take on the Britons in MIAA action. Opening tip is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.