ALBION, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team picked up its first conference win on Saturday, January 14 in a 67-59 victory on the road against Albion. DaVonte Harris had a game-high 26 points. He tied for a team-high five rebounds and three assists.
Final Score: Adrian 67, Albion 59
Location: Albion, Michigan (Kresge Gymnasium)
Records: Adrian (7-8, 1-3), Albion (4-11, 1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Albion 27, Adrian 23
• Both teams kept the score close in the opening half, trading leads and tying the score throughout the first ten minutes.
• With the scored tied at 11 with 9:47 left in the half the Britons scored six straight points to take a 17-11 lead.
• Adrian would battle back and bring the deficit to just two points, 20-18, but Albion was able to stay in front for the remainder of the half and take a four-point lead, 27-23, into the locker room.
FG: 9-25 (36.0%)
3PT: 3-11 (27.3%)
FT: 2-4 (50.0%)
FG: 9-24 (37.5%)
3PT: 5-11 (45.5%)
FT: 4-6 (66.7%)
Second Half: Adrian 67, Albion 59
• Adrian would score a quick five points to take the lead, 28-27, in the first two minutes of the second half.
• Albion would go on a 13-2 run that would give the Britons the only double-digit lead of the game, 40-30, with 15:43 remaining in regulation.
• The Bulldogs would score five quick points to cut the deficit in half and would eventually tie the game at 46 with just 7:25 left in the game.
• Albion's Aquavius Burks would make two free-throws to give the Britons a 48-46 lead before Justin Webster would make a layup and Harris would make two free throws to give the Bulldogs back the lead, 50-48, in what would be the start of an 8-0 run for Adrian.
• The Bulldogs would maintain the lead for the remainder of the game, building their largest lead of the game, eight points, with the final score.
FG: 21-55 (38.2%)
3PT: 4-19 (21.1%)
FT: 21-24 (87.5%)
FG: 20-44 (45.5%)
3PT: 8-21 (38.1%)
FT: 11-17 (64.7%)
• Harris had a game-high 26 points.
• Webster scored 14 points, hauled in five rebounds and had three steals and three assists.
• Keyon Rainey scored 10 points, had five rebounds, two steals, and one assist.
• Romari Ennis tallied nine points, had four steals, and one assist.
• Corey Wheeler led the Britons with 20 points. He also had four rebounds, two assists, and a block.
• Darius Branch scored 10 points, four rebounds, and three assists.
• Aquavius Burks contributed 10 points and a game-high six rebounds.
• Adrian travels to face Hope in MIAA action on Wednesday, January 18 at 7:30 p.m.