HOLLAND, Mich. - Hope built a 10 point lead in the second half as the Adrian College Bulldogs came up short on the road against Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) opponent Hope, 75-65, on Wednesday night. DaVonte Harris had a game-high 22 points in the losing effort.
Final Score: Hope 75, Adrian 65
Location: Holland, Michigan (DeVos Fieldhouse)
Records: Hope (12-4, 5-0 MIAA), Adrian (7-9, 1-4 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 36, Hope 36
• Adrian jumped out to a quick lead in the first few minutes of the game and would continue to build it for much of the first half eventually having a 31-19 lead with just 7:09 left before halftime.
• The Flying Dutchmen would hold Bulldogs for the remainder of the half, only allowing Adrian to score another five points. Hope would tie the game with three seconds remaining in the half when Chad Carlson hit a three-point jumper.
FG: 12-25 (48.0%)
3PT: 2-3 (66.7%)
FT: 10-12 (83.3%)
FG: 10-21 (47.6%)
3PT: 4-6 (66.7%)
FT: 12-12 (100%)
Second Half: Hope 75, Adrian 65
• Hope would score four quick points to start the second half, giving the Flying Dutchmen their first lead of the game, 40-36. However, Adrian would score twice to tie the game back up at 40.
• Hope would use a Dante Hawkins three to start a lead that would build to seven points, 51-44 with just over 15 minutes left to play.
• The Bulldogs would battle back to tie the game at 53 with just over 12 minutes remaining on the clock.
• The score would remain close until the Flying Dutchmen used a 16-3 run to build their largest lead of the game, 68-58 with 3:20 to go in regulation.
• Adrian would cut the lead to six, 71-65, with just under a minute and a half to play, but would run out of time.
FG: 23-51 (45.1%)
3pt: 4-7 (57.1%)
FT: 15-23 (65.2%)
FG: 22-49 (44.9%)
3PT: 9-16 (56.3%)
FT: 22-27 (81.5%)
• Harris added three rebounds and two assists to his game-high 22 points.
• Romari Ennis tallied 10 points, three rebounds, one steal, and a block.
• Keyon Rainey scored nine points, had four steals, three rebounds, and two assists.
• Harrison Blackledge had a team-high 21 points. He also pulled in nine rebounds and one assist.
• Dante Hawkins scored 18 points and Chad Carlson had 15.
• Cody Stuive hauled in nine rebounds.
• The Bulldogs will remain on the road for the final game in a three game road trip when they travel to Grand Rapids, Michigan to face Calvin on Saturday, January 21. Opening tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.