GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team suffered its second straight setback on the road in conference play, falling to Calvin 79-67 on Saturday afternoon. Justin Webster led the Bulldogs with 22 points in the losing effort.
Final Score: Calvin 79, Adrian 67
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Van Noord Arena)
Records: Calvin (10-7, 5-1), Adrian (7-10, 1-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Calvin 34, Adrian 21
• The Knights went on a 7-0 run to start the game, but the Bulldogs battled back to tie the game at 12 all with 9:33 left in the half.
• After a made shot by Calvin, Justin Webster made a free throw and DaVonte Harris scored on a layup to give the Bulldogs their first and only lead of the game, 15-14 with 7:51 remaining until halftime.
• The Knights ended the first half with a 20-6 run to take a 34-21 lead into the locker room.
FG: 9-29 (31.0%)
3PT: 0-6 (0%)
FT: 3-8 (37.5%)
FG: 13-24 (54.3%)
3PT: 5-9 (55.6%)
FT: 3-6 (50%)
Second Half: Calvin 79, Adrian 67
• Calvin continued to build upon its lead eventually having a 21-point advantage, 61-40, with 8:17 remaining in regulation.
• Adrian would go on a 19-5 run to cut the Knight's lead to 68-59 with 2:25 remaining in the game.
• Calvin closed out the game by making free throws as Adrian went into desperation mode at the end.
FG: 26-57 (45.6%)
3PT: 4-12 (33.3%)
FT: 11-17 (64.7%)
FG: 25-45 (55.6%)
3PT: 7-14 (50%)
FT: 22-29 (75.9%)
• Webster scored a game-high 22 points for the Bulldogs. It's the first time all season that Adrian was led in points by someone other than DaVonte Harris.
• Harris (19) and Keyon Rainey(14) were the other two Bulldogs to score double-digit points.
• Rainey hauled in a game-high eight rebounds. He also had four steals. Romari Ennis had three steals.
• Cam Denney led the Knights with 20 points and six rebounds.
• Tony Canonie and Michael Wilks each scored 12 points. Canonie had a game-high seven assists.
• Denney led the team with six rebounds.
• Adrian returns home to host MIAA foe Kalamazoo on Wednesday, January 25. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 p.m.