ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team fell to Olivet 58-53 on Saturday afternoon. Justin Webster was the leading scorer for the Bulldogs with 23 points.
Final Score: Olivet 58, Adrian 53
Location: Adrian, Mich. (MSFC)
Records: Olivet (8-11, 4-4), Adrian (7-12, 1-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Olivet 27, Adrian 25
• Adrian started the game on a 6-0 run in the first 5:05.
• Olivet responded with a 14-3 run to take the lead, 14-9, with 11:52 left in the half.
• The Bulldogs would tie the game at 14 before the Comets would regain the lead until 3:09 was remaining on the clock and Keyon Rainey hit a three-point jumper to tie the game at 23.
FG: 9-25 (36%)
3PT: 3-8 (37.5%)
FT: 4-7 (57.1%)
FG: 10-30 (33.3%)
3PT: 5-13 (38.5%)
FT: 2-2 (100%)
Second Half: Olivet 58, Adrian 53
• Adrian would keep the score close at the beginning of the second half, before retaking the lead, 37-36 with 11:21 remaining in regulation.
• The teams would remain close the rest of the game with Adrian keeping in front by a possession until the final minute of the game.
• Eric Ewing hit two free throws for the Comets with 59 seconds remaining to take a 55-51 lead that would put the Bulldogs in desperation mode for the remainder of the game.
FG: 21-59 (35.6%)
3PT: 5-16 (31.3%)
FT: 6-15 (40%)
FG: 15-48 (31.3%)
3PT: 8-20 (40%)
FT: 20-24 (83.3%)
• Webster led the team with 23 points. He also hauled in nine rebounds and had one assist.
• Anthony Cannon had a team-high 10 rebounds. He also tallied four assists and three blocks.
• Keyon Rainey scored 13 points, five assists, one steal and four rebounds for the Bulldogs.
• Eric Ewing led the Comets with 27 points.
• Thomas Tsalkitzis had a team-high seven rebounds.
• Jordan Terry had four assists.
• Adrian travels to Alma on Wednesday, February 1 to play the Scots. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 p.m.