ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team rallied back from a 12-point deficit to take a nine-point lead with just 8:08 left to play but fell just four points short of Alma in a 74-70 loss on Wednesday night. Justin Webster led the Bulldogs with a game-high 24 points.
Final Score: Alma 74, Adrian 70
Location: Alma, Mich.
Records: Alma (10-10, 6-3), Adrian (7-13, 1-8)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Alma 41, Adrian 31
• Adrian led for much of the first quarter. The Scots, Preston Laketa hit a three-point jumper with 11:14 left in the half to tie the game at 23. That shot sparked a 14-2 run for Alma that gave the Scots their first lead of the game, 32-25.
• Alma was able to build up a 10-point lead going into the locker room at the half.
FG: 12-33 (36.4%)
3PT: 1-9 (11.1%)
FT: 6-7 (85.17%)
FG: 16-28 (57.1%)
3PT: 6-13 (46.2%)
FT: 3-5 (60%)
Second Half: Alma 74, Adrian 70
• Webster hit a jumper in the opening minute of the second half that sparked a 15-2 Adrian run, giving the Bulldogs back the lead, 46-45.
• Adrian built up a nine-point lead with 8:08 remaining in regulation, the Bulldog's largest lead of the game.
• Luke Lamoreaux hit a three-pointer with 3:03 remaining to give the Scots a two-point lead, 68-66.
• Webster made a jumper with 1:32 left to tie the game at 70. Trevor Gernaat made four free throws to give Alma a slim, 74-70, lead with two seconds remaining.
FG: 28-68 (41.2%)
3PT: 4-15 (26.7%)
FT: 10-13 (76.9%)
FG: 24-47 (51.1%)
3PT: 8-20 (40%)
FT: 18-21 (85.7%)
• Webster added six rebounds and four assists to his game-high 24 points.
• Anthony Cannon scored 12 points, four rebounds, and two steals.
• Keyon Rainey scored 15 points, four rebounds, and one assist.
• Andrew Landini tallied 11 points and hauled in one rebound.
• Preston Laketa and Trevor Gernaat led the Scots with 14 points.
• Gernaat also had a game-high seven rebounds.
• Luke Lamoreaux had a game-high four assists.
• Adrian travels to Angola, Indiana on Saturday, February 4 to face MIAA foe Trine. Opening tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.