ANGOLA, Ind. - The Adrian College men's basketball team was outscored 38-19 in the second half at Trine as the Thunder win 65-42 on Saturday afternoon. Justin Webster led the Bulldogs offensively by scoring 17 points. He also hauled in the second-most rebounds on the team with six.
Final Score: Trine 65, Adrian 42
Location: Angola, Indiana (Hershey Hall)
Records: Trine (10-10, 5-4 MIAA), Adrian (7-13, 1-8 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Trine 27, Adrian 23
• Adrian was in command for over 10 minutes of the first half, building a 19-8 lead, the Bulldogs largest lead of the game, with 9:49 remaining until halftime.
• Trine would battle back, ending the first half on a 17-2 run that would give the Thunder their first lead of the game, 27-23.
FG: 10-29 (34.5%)
3PT: 0-2 (0%)
FT: 3-3 (100%)
FG: 9-27 (33.3%)
3PT: 5-13 (38.5%)
FT: 4-4 (100%)
Second Half: Trine 65, Adrian 42
• The Thunder used the second half to pull away from the Bulldogs, building their largest lead of the game, 63-40, with 1:22 remaining in regulation.
FG: 17-50 (34%)
3PT: 0-6 (0%)
FT: 8-12 (66.7%)
FG: 25-52 (48.1%)
3PT: 9-20 (45%)
FT: 6-7 (85.7%)
• Webster had a team-high 17 points, six rebounds, one assist and one steal.
• Keyon Rainey was the only other double-digit point scorer for the Bulldogs with 10 points. He also had a team-high eight rebounds.
• Romari Ennis scored eight points for Adrian off the bench. He also had two steals, one block and one assist along with three rebounds.
• Kyle Dodson led all in scoring with 19 points.
• Ellis Cummings had the second-most team rebounds with six (Dodson had seven for the Thunder).
• Adison Daub had a game-high six assists.
• The Bulldog will host Albion on Wednesday, February 8. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 p.m.