KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team finish the season with a road loss at Kalamazoo on Saturday afternoon. Justin Webster led the Bulldogs with 13 points in the losing effort. Adrian finishes the season with an overall record of 7-18 and a conference record of 1-13.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 69, Adrian 44
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Records: Kalamazoo (7-17, 3-11), Adrian (7-18, 1-13)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Kalamazoo 35, Adrian 22
• The Hornets led for the entire first half, building a lead of 13 points, 35-22, going into the locker room for halftime.
• Webster led Adrian in the first half, scoring seven points on 3-5 shooting. He also had one assist.
• Andrew Landini scored five points in first half. He was 2-2 from the field and 1-1 from three.
FG: 9-19 (47.4%)
3PT: 2-3 (66.7%)
FT: 2-6 (33.3%)
FG: 15-27 (55.6%)
3PT: 4-7 (57.1%)
FT: 1-1 (100%)
Second Half: Kalamazoo 69, Adrian 44
• Kalamazoo continued to build upon its lead throughout the second half. The lead was its largest at the 12:21 mark of the second half when the Hornets led by 25 points.
• Webster scored six points in the second half to lead the Bulldogs.
• Keyon Rainey scored five points in the second half.
• Romari Ennis scored six points in the second coming off the bench for Adrian.
FG: 14-37 (37.8%)
3PT: 2-6 (33.3%)
FT: 14-24 (58.3%)
FG: 25-53 (47.2%)
3PT: 10-18 (55.6%)
FT: 9-12 (75%)
• Webster finished with 13 points, one assist, and one rebound. He shot 5-10 in the game.
• Ennis tallied eight points, two rebounds, a steal, and a block off the bench.
• Rainey had seven points, two steals, four assists, and six rebounds.
• Josh Whitney and Chase Baysdell led the Hornets with 18 points each.
• Josh Miller led the team with nine rebounds. He also tallied 17 points.
• Whitney had a game-high eight assists.
• With the completion of this game, the 2017 men's basketball season has reached its conclusion. The Bulldogs finish eighth in the conference standings with a record of 1-13 in MIAA play.