OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team earned its first victory of 2018 in four sets on the road at Olivet on Friday night. Joseph Campana helped set the tone offensively with 39 assists.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 1 (25-22, 12-25, 26-24, 25-22)
Location: Olivet, Michigan (Cutler Event Center)
Records: Adrian (1-4), Olivet (3-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian took the first set after withstanding a late rally by Olivet that tied the score at 21 before the Bulldogs scored four of the final five points to earn the 1-0 lead.
The Comets responded with a dominating 25-12 win in the second set that tied the score 1-1. Olivet hit a match-high .696 as a team in the second.
Adrian scored the final two points to win a close third set, 26-24 to regain the lead, 2-1.
With the advantage on the Comets side (21-19), The Bulldogs rallied to take the set and win the match by scoring the final three points of the set for a 25-22 decision.
• Noah Marcinkowski led the Adrian attack with 14 kills. He also contributed six digs, two service aces, two block assists, and one assist.
• Kevin Curley finished with nine kills, one ace, and five digs.
• Mike Gold recorded eight kills and three digs to help in the win.
• Kyle Bell led the defense with 17 digs. He also counted three assists.
• Brock Pringle led the Comets with 14 kills and 16 digs.
• Aaron Giorgi paced the Olivet attack with 50 assists.
Adrian will look to build off the momentum as the team travels to face Lawrence Tech on Saturday, February 9. The match is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., ET.