SOUTHFIELD, Mich. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team forced a fifth set and defeated Lawrence Tech on the road on Saturday night. Noah Marcinkowski led the Bulldogs with 21 kills.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Lawrence Tech 2 (25-21, 20-25, 21-25,25-19, 15-11)
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Don Ridler Fieldhouse)
Records: Adrian (2-4), Lawrence Tech (1-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian used a .280 attack percentage to claim a 25-21 victory in the opening set and take a quick a 1-0 lead.
The Blue Devils registered a team-high .304 percentage to tie the game at one game each with a 25-20 win for set two.
The Bulldogs continued to struggle offensive end in the third set and Lawrence Tech took a 2-1 lead after a 25-21 win.
Adrian had a match-high .367 percentage to tie the match at two games apiece and force a decisive fifth set with a 25-19 decision.
The Bulldogs built a six-point lead in the fifth and held on for a 15-11 advantage and a 3-2 win in the match.
• Marcinkowski added two block assists and three digs to his match totals.
• Mike Gold had 12 kills and one block assist to help in the win.
• Kevin Curley registered eight kills and seven digs.
• Joseph Campana paced the attack with 42 assists.
• Joseph Balanda led the Blue Devils with 12 kills.
• Gospel Sua set the tone offensively with 43 assists.
• Lawrence Patton and Alejandro Gonzalez had 11 and 10 kills respectively.
• Adrian opens up the conference season with a match at Fontbonne on Friday, February 16 at 8:00 p.m., ET.