ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's hockey team scored a goal in each period while holding Concordia University Wisconsin scoreless to improve to 11-1-1 in the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA). Jacqueline White scored the game-winning goal in the opening period and assisted on the insurance goal in the second to help lead the Bulldogs to the 3-0 win.
Final Score: Adrian 3, CUW 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (14-5-1, 11-1-1 NCHA), CUW (9-9-1, 7-5-1 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Jacqueline White put the Bulldogs on the board with 11:16 left in the first off assists from Kristi Zink and goalie Kate Turner (W, 13-5-1). Her goal was a power-play goal and was her eighth of the season. Adrian held a 15-3 advantage in shots on goal for the period and maintained the 1-0 lead for the remainder of the opening 20 minutes.
Tory Harshman scored off a slap shot from the blue line on the power play to give the Bulldogs a 2-0 lead. She assisted on the play by White and Kelly O'Sullivan. Much like the opening period, Adrian outshot the Falcons 17-3 in the second to hold a 32-3 lead in shots combined for the first two periods.
The Falcons pressed in the third period, registering 11 shots on goal, but the Bulldog defense, led by Turner kept CUW scoreless. Olivia Fox put the game out of reach when she deflected a shot from Zink that beat Falcon goalie, Christina Pattengale (L, 3-6-1). O'Sullivan registered the secondary assist on the play.
• White (1,1), Zink (0,2), O'Sullivan (0,2) each led the Bulldogs with two points each.
• Fox (1,0), Harshman (1,0), and Turner (0,1) each finished with a point.
• Turner tallied her third consecutive shut-out (6th of the season) and has now gone 179:54 without allowing a goal.
• Ellie Woodman led the Falcons with four shots on goal.
• Natasha Wanless was the team's main faceoff specialist as she won 11 of her 24 faceoffs.
• Pattengale made 41 saves in the losing effort.
These two teams will meet again tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., ET, to conclude the weekend series.