ANGOLA, IND. -- The Adrian College women's lacrosse team were held off at Trine in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) action on Wednesday night. Gwyneth Brodbeck ( Lake Orion, Mich.) led the Bulldogs with four goals in the losing effort.
Final Score: Trine 16, Adrian 10
Location: Angola, Indiana (Shive Field)
Records: Trine (3-8, 1-2 MIAA), Adrian (1-10, 0-5 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Trine scored eight goals in the first half while holding the Bulldogs to only two. Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.) scored for Adrian first to cut the early 2-0 Thunder lead in half. Erika McDonald (Hastings, Minn.) knotted the second goal of the first half for Adrian with just under four minutes left before halftime.
Brodbeck scored two of her four goals back-to-back in the second half, the first of which came on a free position shot.
Rice added her second goal on a free position shot for the third-straight Bulldog goal in the half. Gabriella Storin (Neenah, Wis.) scored the first of two goals with 12:13 remaining in the contest before Brodbeck added her third with 11:40 left. Hannah Roegner (Huntington Woods, Mich.) added a goal 12 seconds later. Brodbeck scored her fourth with just over five minutes on the clock. Storin scored the final goal for Adrian with 2:20 in left in regulation.
• Brodbeck scored four times on nine shots. She also contributed four ground balls, five draw controls, and two caused turnovers.
• Grace St. Clair had a team-high six ground balls.
• McDonald added a team-leading six draw controls to her one-goal stat-line.
• Roegner led Adrian with three caused turnovers.
• Samantha Ihrie had a game-high six goals.
• Audrey Poteet led the Thunder with five ground balls.
• Rebecca Plantz led all athletes with eight draw controls.
The Bulldogs will host North Central (Ill.) in a non-conference contest on Saturday, April 14. The game is set to begin at 1:00 p.m., ET.