ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's and women's track and field team competed at the Don and Riley Zimmer Classic hosted by Trine University on Saturday afternoon. The men's team finished with 69 points (4th) and the women achieved 88.5 points (3rd).
Nicholas Jackson earned 10 points for Adrian with a first-place finish in the high jump clearing the bar set at 2.0 meters. That jump is a personal best for Jackson.
Rayona Hart-Wilson led the women's team again this week. She earned eight points for her finish in the triple jump, increasing her own school record in the event to 10.49 meters which was good enough for second. She also placed third in the long jump with a best jump of 5.12 meters.
OTHER TOP FINISHES
• Clayton Lange was fourth in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 16:12.1--a personal best.
• Denzel Tinsley set a personal best in the 60-meter hurdles, finishing in 8.60 seconds.
• Dazmond Lawrence cleared 2.0 meters in the high jump for a second-place finish, his personal best.
• The men's 4x400 relay team finished third in 3:32.28.
• Brandi Kroll finished the 400-meter dash in 1:03.57 for third.
• Kallee Reiff was fourth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:03.73.
• Olivia Vasiloff was third in the 800-meter run (2:34.12) and fourth in the Mile (5:29.97). The latter was a personal best time in the event.
• Clauna Duclos recorded a fourth-place finish in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:34.37.
• Emily Nixon finished the 5,000-meter run in 21:15.28 for a fifth-place finish.
• Britney Carnagie was fourth in the pole vault by clearing 2.45 meters.
• Chantel Edwards threw 10.24 meters in the shot put to finish fourth.
• The women's 4x400 relay team won second with a finish of 4:12.62 which is a season-best for Adrian in that event.
• David Frey finished the mile in 12th with a time of 4:55.39.
• Kevon Spence was sixth in the long jump with a best jump of 6.22 meters.
• Alicia Szilagyi finished the mile in 5:46.93 for ninth place.
• Britney Carnagie was seventh in the long jump with a 4.78-meter jump.
• Violet Smith threw 9.94 meters in the shot put.
The team will travel to Wisconsin to compete in the Midwest Invitational hosted by Wisconsin-Whitewater next Saturday, February 10.