ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team improved to 2-0 on the season after defeating Anderson (Ind.) 76-64 at home on Friday, Nov. 16.
Final Score: Adrian 76, Anderson 64
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Merillat Sport and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian 2-0, Anderson 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian scored the first points of the game and didn't give up the lead for the rest of the half, leading 36-32 at the break. The Bulldogs were led at the half for the second game in a row by junior forward Jeremy Kalonji, with 13 points in the first.
The Bulldogs' saw their lead vanish midway through the second half, but didn't trail for long before taking the lead once again. After AC regained the lead it didn't relinquish it again, holding on for the 76-64 win. The game was iced by a pair of three-pointers by sophomore guard Sam Colbert. He made the first of two with 1:41 remaining and then the second with 53 seconds to go, sending the home crowd into a frenzy. It was a good night from beyond the arc overall for Colbert and the Black and Gold, with Colbert going 6-8 from deep and Adrian making 10-21 for 47.6 percent.
• Colbert led Adrian's offense with 22 points, with 18 of those coming on three-pointers.
• Sophomore guard Jordan Harris also reached the 20-point mark for the Bulldogs, finishing with 21 points and going a perfect six for six from the free-throw line. He also led the Dawgs in rebounds, grabbing six boards in the contest.
• Junior guard Tre'Shon Heard spread the rock around, leading the team with seven assists and adding eight points.
• Kalonji also had an impact on offense, contributing 19 points and two blocks on the defensive end.
• Malik Laffoon and Mike Peters led Anderson in points with 18 and 15, respectively.
• Maurice Knight, Michael Rogers, and Mitchell Geller all led the Ravens in rebounds with seven each.
The Bulldogs are back at the Merillat Sport and Fitness Center tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 17 to host Manchester at 5:30 p.m.