ADRIAN, Mich. – Adrian College women's hockey responds from the 1-1 tie the night before to roll past conference leading St. Scholastica 11-0. Kristi Zink led the team with four points (1,3) in the win.
Final Score: Adrian 11, St. Scholastica 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (6-1-1, 4-1-1 NCHA), St. Scholastica (5-1-1, 4-1-1 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian scored twice and outshot St. Scholastica 14-3 in the first period. Rose Krasofsky put Adrian on the board first in the opening 10 minutes of the first period when she scored off an assist from Olivia Fox. 2016-17 AHCA All-American Kelly O'Sullivan gave the Bulldogs an insurance goal at the 12:59 mark of the first period.
Adrian exploded in the second period, scoring four goals to take a commanding 6-0 lead into the second intermission. Senior Kristi Zink scored a power-play goal to put the Bulldogs up 3-0 at the 3:48 mark of the second. Tory Harshman would add another power-play goal less than one minute later to put the Adrian advantage to 4-0. O'Sullivan and Kortney Diaz were given assists on Zink's goal; Krasofsky and Jacqueline White assisted for Harshman. Maggie Mitter took a shot that was rebounded and put into the net by Neysa Miller for a short-handed goal. The final goal of the period was scored by Shelly Czarnowczan at the 16:57 mark—Miller and Brooke Lupi assisted.
The Bulldogs added five goals in the third to finish the game with an 11-0 victory. Brianna Buchanan scored once, Brooke Lupi twice, Hannah Dalrymple once, and Jacqueline White added one. Kristi Zink tallied an assist on the last three Adrian goals to bring her game point total to four.
• Zink (1,3), Lupi (2,1), O'Sullivan (1,2), Fox (0,2), White (1,1), Krasofsky (1,1), and Dalrymple (1,1) finished with multiple points in the win.
• Harshman (1,0), Buchanan (1,0), and Shelly Czarnowczan (1,0) each recorded a point.
• Lupi led Adrian with nine shots on goal while finishing 17-26 in the faceoff circle.
• Kate Turner (W, 5-1-1) saved all 13 shots she faced for her fourth shutout of the season.
• Abby Sawyer led the Saints with three shots on goal in the losing effort.
• Alexia Klaas, Amanda Broman, Taylor Thompson, and Rachel Anderson each had two shots on goal.
• Goalies Lexi Thomeczek (L, 2-1-1) and Lori Huseby combined for 36 saves on the day.
The Bulldogs will travel to New York to face Plattsburgh State in a rematch from last season's NCAA DIII Women's Hockey National Championship Game. Opening puck drop is scheduled for 3:00 p.m., ET.