ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's hockey team snapped a three-game skid after a 4-2 win over Lake Forest on Friday night. The Bulldogs were down 2-1 at the start of the third period but scored three goals to rally back for the win. Olivia Fox scored the game-winning goal and tallied an assist for a two-point night.
Final Score: Adrian 4, Lake Forest 2
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Arrington Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian (10-5-1, 7-1-1 NCHA), Lake Forest (9-7, 7-2 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Lake Forest tallied only three shots on goal in the opening period, however, one of those shots was put past Adrian goalie Kate Turner (W, 9-5-1) just 1:08 into the game by Amy Budde to give the Foresters a quick 1-0 lead. Adrian would total 13 shots on goal in the opening 20 minutes but could not put the puck in the net to tie the game.
Sydney Daversa would knot things up with a goal for the Bulldogs at the 4:29 mark of the second period. Brooke Schembri and Kelly O'Sullivan assisted on the goal. Megan Lyke recaptured the lead for Lake Forest in the final 23 seconds of the second period.
Bulldog senior Olivia Fox scored 2:00 into the third off assists from Schembri and O'Sullivan to tie the game at two goals apiece. Kortney Diaz would give Adrian its first lead of the game just over three minutes later when she scored off a pass from Tory Harshman, Kristi Zink registered the secondary assist. Rose Krasofsky put the game out of reach in the final two minutes when she scored the insurance goal at 18:17 of the third period. Fox and O'Sullivan (her third assist) recorded assists on the goal.
• Fox totaled three shots on goal and finished with a +2 to help lead the Bulldogs to the win.
• Krasofsky, Diaz, and Daversa each tallied a goal in the game.
• O'Sullivan had a game-high three assists. She also had two shots on goal.
• Krasofsky was 11-21 in faceoffs to lead Adrian in that category.
• Captain Kristi Zink had one assist and finished with a +4.
• Turner made 20 saves to record her ninth win of the season.
• Budde and Lyke were the goal scorers for Lake Forest.
• Lexi Morgan and Maddie Davis dished an assist in the game.
• Jacque Rogers (L, 5-4) made 35 saves in the losing effort.
Adrian and Lake Forest will square off again tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., EST.