ADRIAN, Mich. - Adrian rallies but can't tie the game late after giving up three second half goals. The Scots were able to hold on to beat the Bulldogs 4-3 in a back and forth shootout on Monday night at Docking Stadium.
"This was a match that came down to momentum and execution. While we carried the momentum for most of the contest, we didn't execute in enough of the moments that ultimately decided the outcome," said Head Coach Ali Alamdari. "Our girls are exhausted from this stretch of 6 matches in 12 days, so we'll take full advantage of the bye this week. We're looking forward to having a full week to recover physically and mentally and hit the training ground in preparation for Calvin this weekend.
Final Score: Adrian 2, Alma 4
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (2-3-1, 0-2-1), Alma (3-1, 2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 2, Alma 1
• The Scots struck first, scoring in the first 10 minutes after a shot bounces off the post and Whitness Foote put it in off the rebound
• Wilcox would score her second goal of the game in the 25th minute to give the Bulldogs a 2-1 lead going into halftime
Second Half: Adrian 3, Alma 4
• Alma came out swinging in the second half, scoring the first three goals of the final period. The first goal coming in the 48th minute, the second in the 52nd minute and the final one in the 63rd minute to give the Scots a 4-2 lead with just under 30 minutes to play.
• Adrian edged Alma in shots on goal 13-9
• Wilcox scored her fifth and sixth goals of the season in the first half
• Baghera would score her first career goal in the second half
• Lindberg and Farah each tallied an assist
• Whitnee Foote tallied two goals
• Macayla Greiner and Lexi Moyer each recorded one goal
• Adrian hits the road looking to gain its first conference victory this weekend, facing Calvin in on Saturday, September 17 at 12:00 p.m.