ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's soccer team earned a 2-0 decision over Wooster on Saturday afternoon at Docking Stadium. Freshman Mya Oleksiak and senior Mackenzie Wilcox each scored a goal for the Bulldogs.
Final Score: Adrian 2, Wooster 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (4-2-1), Wooster (3-1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Wooster paced play for the first 20 minutes of the game. The Fighting Scots registered two shots and a corner kick in that time period. The first Adrian shot didn't happen until the 24th minute. In the 29th-minute, Oleksiak (Shelby, Mich.) had a shot in the box glance off the near post, bounce down the goal line to the far post and across the goal line to give Adrian a 1-0 lead. She was assisted by sophomore Brooke Teska (Trenton, Mich.). The 1-0 score would hold through the opening half and into the intermission.
Wilcox's insurance goal came in the 69th minute of the game when she headed the ball inside the far post off a Claire Baghera (sophomore, Ada, Mich.) corner kick.
The Bulldogs outshot the Scots 13-6, each team registered three shots on goal, and corner kicks (8-1). Ayverie Giller (W, 4-1-1) finished with three saves for her second clean sheet of the season.
• Wilcox's goal gives her a team-best three on the season.
• Baghera now has four assists on the season, also a team high.
• Caroline Fleming (sophomore, Grosse Ille, Mich.) led the Bulldogs with three shot attempts for the game.
• Sophomore Rachel Rodeheffer (Commerce Twp., Mich.) was all over the field as she anchored the Adrian defense that kept Wooster off the board.
• Devin Frisby led the Scots in shot attempts with two (1 on goal).
• Goalkeeper Maddy Ireton (L, 3-1-1) saved one of the three shots she faced in the game.
Adrian will host Michigan-Dearborn on Monday, September 18 at 7:00 p.m., ET. The game is the final game of a four-game homestand.