HOLLAND, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball team fell to Hope on Friday, Sep. 7 in the MIAA Preview Tournament. The Flying Dutch are the 20th-ranked team in the nation, and picked to finish second in the conference.
Final Score: Hope 3, Adrian 0 (26-24, 25-22, 25-22)
Location: Holland, Mich. (DeVos Fieldhouse)
Records: Hope 5-0 (0-0 MIAA), Adrian 1-4 (0-0 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
It was all Hope in the first set, as the Flying Dutch jumped out to an early lead and didn't look back. They never trailed, taking the first set 25-15.
The Bulldogs put up a fight in the second set, at one point leading by two, and only trailing by one late in the set. Hope was able to hang on for the set, picking it up by a score of 5-2.
The third set was similar to the second, with neither team leading by more than three. In the end, the Flying Dutch were able to hang on for the sweep, winning the third set by the same score as the second, 25-22.
• Sophomore Alex Tobler led the team in kills for the second straight match, picking up 10 against Hope.
• Senior Olivia Welch led the Bulldogs in digs with 14 and was second in kills with eight.
• Katie Rietberg led Hope's offense with 16 kills.
• Tracy Westra led the Flying Dutch in assists with 23.
• Hope's defense was led by Gabbi Vachon, with 14 digs.
The Bulldogs will wrap-up the MIAA Preview Tournament tomorrow with games against Finlandia at 11 am and Kalamazoo at 1 pm.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs