ALBION, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball team fell to Albion in its second conference match this season on Saturday, Sep. 22 as part of the Albion Triangular.
Final Score: Albion 3, Adrian 0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-20)
Location: Albion, Mich. (Kresge Gymnasium)
Records: Albion 8-5 (2-0 MIAA), Adrian 6-7 (1-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albion jumped out to a quick lead early in the first set and extended the lead, at one point leading by ten. Adrian was able to win a few points back, but it wasn't enough as the Britons took set one 25-14.
While Albion didn't get off to as fast of a start as it did in set one, the Britons were able to pull away from the Bulldogs late in the set to win 25-12.
The third set was much closer, with Adrian carrying a lead towards the middle of the set. But Albion came clawing back and took the lead from the Black and Gold and won the set with five straight points, winning 25-20 to take the match.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko was Adrian's leader in assists, finishing with 12.
• Junior Megan Prsa led the defensive effort, totaling 12 blocks in the match.
• Kelsey Gustafson led Albion in kills with 11.
• Grace VanDorn led the Britons in assists with 31.
• Albion's defense was led Monica Shuk with 15 digs.
The Bulldogs will face Capital in game two of the Albion Triangular later today at 1 p.m. before returning home to host St. Mary's on Wednesday, Sep. 26 at 7 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs