ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball team dropped a conference match to Alma on Wednesday, Oct. 10 by a score of 3-1.
Final Score: Alma 3, Adrian 1 (25-15, 26-28, 25-16, 27-25)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Merillat Sport and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian 9-10 (2-3 MIAA), Alma 15-2 (5-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Alma was in the driver's seat early in the first set, taking a 20-9 lead. Despite a valiant comeback attempt, the Bulldogs were unable to gain much ground on the Scots, dropping the set, 25-15.
The second set was neck-and-neck, with the largest lead of the set coming when Adrian held an 8-4 advantage early on. The set would go past the normal 25 points required, as the AC pulled out a 28-26 set victory.
The third set was similar to the first in that it was all Alma from the beginning. The Scots didn't look back after going up 11-4 and cruised to a 25-16 set win to take a 2-1 advantage in the match.
Following the pattern of earlier, the fourth set was closely contested. The Black and Gold fell behind by a point late, but rallied to take a 24-22 lead. However, Alma pushed back, and won five of the last six points to take the set 27-25, and the match 3-1.
• Sophomore Alex Tobler led the Bulldogs' offense for the third straight match, finishing with 15 kills Senior Olivia Welch was second on the team in kills and third in digs, finishing with 11 and 14, respectively.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko continued to pace Adrian's offense, finishing with 37 assists and 16 digs.
• Junior Megan Prsa led the Black and Gold's defense with 22 digs.
• Sara Majerle led the Alma offense with 21 kills.
• Hayley Novak led the Scots in assists with 51.
• The Alma defense was led by Georgia Miller with 27 digs.
The Bulldogs head to Oberlin, Ohio for a double-header against John Carroll and Oberlin on Saturday, Oct. 13. The John Carroll match is scheduled for 2 p.m. while the Oberlin match is slated for 4 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs