ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College women's volleyball dropped its final home match of the year to No. 15-ranked Hope on Wednesday, Oct. 24 by a score of 3-0.
Final Score: No. 15 Hope 3, Adrian 0 (25-10, 25-17, 25-21)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Merillat Sport and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian 9-14 (2-5 MIAA), Hope 23-5 (6-1 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Hope controlled the first set, opening an 11-3 and never lead by less than six points throughout the remainder of the first set, winning 25-10 while hitting .345.
Adrian had an early lead in the second set, going up 5-1 but the Flying Dutch were able to climb back into the set and tie it at 8-8. Hope wouldn't trail in the set again, taking it 25-17.
The third set was much closer, as the largest lead of the set was only five points, when Hope was up 16-11. The Bulldogs were able to fight back and knot it at 16 apiece and the set went back-and-forth from then on. Ultimately it was the Flying Dutch that pulled away late, winning five of the last six points to take the set 25-21 and the match 3-0.
• Sophomore Grace Welch led the Bulldogs' offense with five kills.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko lead Adrian in assists with 15.
• McKenna Otto led the Hope offense with 10 kills.
• Adair Cutler led the Flying Dutch in assists with 22.
• The Hope defense was led by Gabbi Vachon with 16 digs and Otto and Reynhout with three blocks each.
The Bulldogs hit the road to face Kalamazoo on Saturday, Oct. 27 to finish off the regular season. The match is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs